You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.145 (Windows)

• Staff

Please Click here to download the latest beta for Windows 

Purpose: General Testing
Requirements: None

Hi, we have a preview of build 145.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

New Features and Fixes

New Documents
- When creating a document, added option to create multiple pages
- Also added option to automatically create and assign a master
- Also added bleed margin settings

Menus / Toolbars / Studio
- (Windows) The View > Studio list is now sorted alphabetically
- (Windows) Fixed Alignment popup 'Distribute' UI disable glitch 
- (Windows) Fixed crash dragging Layers / Styles into Pages Panel
- (Windows) Fixed crash when creating a new assets category
- (Windows) Force Pixel Alignment is now turned off by default
- (Windows) Fixed picture frame properties fitting mode highlight
- (Mac) Fixed page indicator content clipping
- (Mac) Resetting Workspace now resets panel widths correctly
- (Mac) Fixed panel widths getting reset after restart
- (Mac) Fixed some large UI fonts issues with 'Preferences'

Import
- Fixed import of margins from afdesign / afphoto files
- PDF import text spacing improvements

Document and Page Management
- Pages now inherit master page margins unless overridden
- Fixed calculation of margins when converting to / from a facing pages document
- Fixed drawing glitch with facing master pages and 'Clip to Canvas'
- Fixed incorrect duplication of guides from source page when adding pages
- Added Pica units to 'Spread Setup' / 'Add Master Spread' / ruler units menu
-- The ruler units menu is missing on Windows, will be added soon
- Document units are now honoured when setting up bleed in 'Document Setup'
- Fixed master page name editing / commit glitch
- (Windows) Fixed glitch adding facing page masters after changing document setup
- (Mac) Fixed some large UI font issues with 'Add Master Spread' dialog

Tools
- Fixed issue with gradient fill tool with gradients applied to text frames
- Rotation gesture is now disabled by default in Preferences (for Publisher only)
- Fixed issue with stroke weights when pasting between documents with differing DPIs
-- We are aware of other DPI pasting issues, please bear with us
- Fixed instances where Symbols were not detaching correctly

Text
- Changing text frame gutter / column widths no longer changes the frame width
- Added command to distribute column widths equally on a multi-column frame
- It is now possible to link gutter widths on a multi-column frame to keep them in step
-- Changing linked gutter widths can unbalance columns widths, will be fixed soon
- Fixed placement of wrap shape when editing wrap shape of grouped child
- Fixed text wrap issues with vector cropped objects
- Fixes for interaction of text indents and text wrapping
- Fix for calculation of OpenType character widths with certain combinations of attributes
- Fixed for text frame baseline grid not drawing correctly in some cases
- Character Panel decoration line style and Stroke Panel line style now update in sync
- Fix for Text Styles Panel not refreshing after being unhidden
- Fixed auto-resize of text for single lines of text in an overflowing frame
- Fixed crash editing TOC styles after deleting all text styles
- Fixed text AutoFlow issues with pages with pre-existing content
- Updated tool drawing for text flows containing hidden text frames
- Fixed auto hyphenation issues for text with diacritics etc
- Fix for spelling highlight not being updated when applying a Table Format
- Improvements to Title Case / Sentence case for languages other than English
- Selecting text within lists improved
- The 'Next Page Number' text field has been renamed 'Next Frame Page Number'
-- Because this is what it does. Useful for e.g. 'Continued on'
- Fixed crash using some Autocorrect replacements in some languages
- (Windows) The text frame 'Ignore Text Wraps' option is now correctly initialised
- (Windows)Fixed issue reverting text style stylistic set variants to 'No Change'
- (Windows) Fixed issue setting text styles right optical alignment
- (Windows) Fix for words with soft hyphen being shown as misspelled

Resources
- Resource Manager layout improvements
- Fixed crash when cancelling some Resource Manager operations
- Colour space for un-profiled PNGs is now assumed to be sRGB

Tables
- Changing column count using the onscreen control could be unreliable

Export / Print
- Fix for N-Up left / top gaps being ignored
- Better check for space characters when printing (catches Times New Roman 'LSEP')
- Single spread documents can now be exported as individual pages
- Fix for inner bleed not being honoured for leading / trailing pages when exporting to PDF
- (Windows) Fix for custom print paper dimensions not respecting units
- (Mac) Book and booklet printing on Mac now honours bleed

Misc
- (Windows) Fixed Document Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

As well as the fixes in the earlier updates

Hello AdamW,
thanks for the new beta, just before the weekend.
Download and installation without problems.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

I've got the message COM Surregate has to be closed while installation, after doing that (the setup did it), the installation went fine. I never got such a message during updating an Affinity app before.

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

New Features and Fixes

New Documents
- When creating a document, added option to create multiple pages
- Also added option to automatically create and assign a master
- Also added bleed margin settings

Oh what a nice surprise - excellent!! :)

installation successful without issues...and a long list of fixes...Appreciate all the hard wok...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Quick an easy installation. Thanks for your hard work.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Great thanks for hard work, for many fixes, and first look to hyphenation: excellent! Now working correctly with hungarian text!

And look new feature: Presets for New Document... Awwwwww! Fantastic! :x (A little buggy and I will report this, but great feature now!)

Every attempt to update the beta is met with "setup failed"

It seems I must do that, get the message, reboot the machine and then install the program

It seems to remove the previous beta except for the program folder and somewhere at that point, fails

I would be willing to do this over and over if it generates any data that I can send back to you so this can be fixed

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff
18 minutes ago, Rick G said:

....I would be willing to do this over and over if it generates any data that I can send back to you so this can be fixed

Thanks Rick G we cannot look at this today and so I think that you just using the build is a better use of your time for now.

p.s. your Publisher version in your Signature is a bit out of date, (and animations are no longer allowed in signatures)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks Rick G we cannot look at this today and so I think that you just using the build is a better use of your time for now.

p.s. your Publisher version in your Signature is a bit out of date, (and animations are no longer allowed in signatures)

Wow ... Sorry Patrick. I was only trying to help with a chronic issue. There was no expectation of a today fix

I never saw any announcement about animations in signatures . If there was no link needed. I removed the graphic

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

• Staff
1 minute ago, Rick G said:

Wow ... Sorry Patrick.

Please don't apologise. I meant that if we need help with this we will have to come back to you (next week?) due to short numbers here today, so I just meant for you not to stick on build .139 in the meantime waiting to help us. Perhaps that's what you meant anyway (that you are willing to go back to an earlier build and reinstall again if it helps), my mistake.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please don't apologise. I meant that if we need help with this we will have to come back to you (next week?) due to short numbers here today, so I just meant for you not to stick on build .139 in the meantime waiting to help us. Perhaps that's what you meant anyway (that you are willing to go back to an earlier build and reinstall again if it helps), my mistake.

I don't need to go back. I can install any update, with the failure and the reboot that I documented. Then it installs correctly and is totally usable

I don't mind doing it a few times and generating logs so you can see what is going on. There are directions elsewhere and I can do it over the weekend

And you guys can get to it when you can hopefully before final release (and that is not snotty ... it does not matter if it does not get fixed for the next beta)

Just trying to help

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

Installation without problem (uninstall .139 and install .145 as Administrator)

- Issue of generating sometimes negative PDF pages is still there (while other pages are OK). Workaround: delete page, redo it in a slightly different way. This seems to work
 - no spelling/hyphenation etc other that English. Offered (limited amount of) spelling dictionnaries do not work
-Typing some French accented characters still wrong, while a to z RTF characters imports are OK. Same issue with some German and Spanish accented characters
- Still differences with EOL and End of Paragraph behaviours versus Word)
- I did not notice the Transparency and Fill tools earlier - Seems to work

Regards, Philippe

Thanks for the new Beta :)
Installation was working witout any Problems and the new Document --> New Dialog looks very well :10_wink:
The transforming issue that i reported is not fixed but i think the time from reporting to the new beta was to small. So i wait and hope that it will be fixed in the next beta.
Thank you for your work :)

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

12 hours ago, AdamW said:

Single spread documents can now be exported as individual pages

Great. Thankyou invisible people for all that hard work.  Does it come without loss of hair?  Is there a punch bag room to let off a minutes frustration?

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Thanks A-team for this new beta. it's really great.

I can't find how to create and assign a new master page(s) while creating a new document. BTW, my opinion is that there is no need to do that. We can do it after a new document is created. I think it would be more valuable if we can see which master pages are assigned to the working pages in Page palette preview.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks.

Thus far, going through Tutorials again...

Smart Guides do not show up

Text in columns has to be actually selected, not just the Text Frame, to enable the Paragraph styling. 

On another point... if the columns feature were to be ported into Designer (along with the slicing/trim option discussed elsewhere) Designer will be a true killer app.

22 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Thanks A-team for this new beta. it's really great.

I can't find how to create and assign a new master page(s) while creating a new document. BTW, my opinion is that there is no need to do that. We can do it after a new document is created. I think it would be more valuable if we can see which master pages are assigned to the working pages in Page palette preview.

I forgot to add: there is no need for "Default Master" check bock, either.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks Adam,

Plenty of fixes, changes and additions to look forward to!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Hi Folks I've been a long time user of Design and Photo and really looking forward to Affinity Publisher. I had the original download which worked but since then the most recent download/update simply fails on install. I know there has been a lot of suggestions...fonts....net.  etc and the latest post on Friday a user said installed no problem. I'm using Windows 10.

Any suggestions anyone.

Cheers

Edited by AlanGW
spelling

On 10/14/2018 at 9:41 AM, AlanGW said:

Hi Folks I've been a long time user of Design and Photo and really looking forward to Affinity Publisher. I had the original download which worked but since then the most recent download/update simply fails on install. I know there has been a lot of suggestions...fonts....net.  etc and the latest post on Friday a user said installed no problem. I'm using Windows 10.

Any suggestions anyone.

I have the same issue. It kills the install and you must reboot the machine and try again. At that point it will install successfully

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.