You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.145 (Mac)

6 hours ago, osang said:

Well, it only detects the NEXT page

I'm not sure what you mean or whether I understand what you want to say.

I've just created a doc with 6 pages. Created a text box on page 1 and 6. Linked those 2 boxes and added 'Previous Frame Page Number field to the second box.

The Previous Frame Page Number added to page 6 gives me page 1.

The Next Frame Page Number added to page 1 gives me 6.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

7 hours ago, osang said:

Well, it only detects the NEXT page, not the actual marker of a page of a jumped/continued story.

QuarkXpress have this 'Next Box Page #' marker as it detects the actual page of the continued story, and 'Previous Box Page #' marker, where the story of the page first started or it's like 'Continued from Page #. Same goes to InDesign's 'Next Page Number' and 'Previous Page Number' marker. I wish Publisher have this feature.

Part of that bug fix was to change the behaviour so it now does what you want (if I understand you correctly). It used to do current page number + 1. Now it finds the next frame in the text flow, finds which page it is on, and returns that page number. The change in the menu option label is intended to reflect this change in behaviour.

13 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

Part of that bug fix was to change the behaviour so it now does what you want (if I understand you correctly). It used to do current page number + 1. Now it finds the next frame in the text flow, finds which page it is on, and returns that page number. The change in the menu option label is intended to reflect this change in behaviour.

I tried and seems working. The problem is the part of editing, it is hard if the marker is part of the story.

In QuarkXpress and InDesign, I can create another text frame to detect the page number.

Yes, it really needs a "Continued on" attribute for the frame. We had this in PagePlus, and we'll add it to Publisher in due course. It'll probably come at the same time as more general cross-references. It may be a mistake to include it now, ahead of that. Maybe we should remove the feature until the whole package of related features is ready.

8 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

Yes, it really needs a "Continued on" attribute for the frame. We had this in PagePlus, and we'll add it to Publisher in due course. It'll probably come at the same time as more general cross-references. It may be a mistake to include it now, ahead of that. Maybe we should remove the feature until the whole package of related features is ready.

NO NO NO, that is not necessary

continued.jpeg.191f17ba43539a68af11b49b03041b2b.jpeg

Please do not remove this perfectly functional feature.

I am serious, if anyone can't make this work for themselves , they must consider a career outside of the publishing industry. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
16 hours ago, fde101 said:

Seems like .145 has been around a bit longer than the previous betas... or is it just me?

Is the next one expected anytime soon?

Even project leads deserve a week off now and then.... Yes sometime quite soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.