Brbla

Sometimes is export bigger than artboard about +1 px

I prepared apple-touch-startup-image – it have exact resolution specification. After export some of them does not work. I check them and see, i have wrong dimensions. But in Affinity Designer i realize, that is not my fault. Or is? Why is the height/width of exported image exactly 1 px bigger than artboard? Did i something wrong?

image.png

pasted image 0.png

image.png

It's because your object is not aligned exactly with the pixel grid. Look at the Transform Panel in your screenshots, and you'll see that the x or y coordinates are not integers. In that situation Affinity needs to add the extra pixel.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

Align to the pixel grid is not working for me. I have two artboards, one is exporting the right size, but the other one, that has the same elements and has integers values on x and y is still adding 1 extra pixel.

24 minutes ago, and3rsonsousa said:

Align to the pixel grid is not working for me. I have two artboards, one is exporting the right size, but the other one, that has the same elements and has integers values on x and y is still adding 1 extra pixel.

In addition to the .afdesign file that GabrielM mentioned, you might check your Preferences, User Interface section, which default to 1 decimal place for pixel measurements. If you're still set that way, try increasing it to 2 or 3. Then check the Transform panel again.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

I have the same issue in many many cases. If I don't use an artboard BUT copy+paste the same content to a new document instead + I'm not using the export persona, it exports properly... really weird.

One more question: how come that my artboard says 1500px*1500px, but when I want to export the artboard it changes to 1501px*1500px ?

Hi Balazs Vekony,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Those issues are usually caused by artboards positioned (X,Y coordinates in the Transform panel) in non-integer values. Click the artboard layer in the Layers panel (with the Move Tool selected) then check the X,Y coordinates (also make sure width and height) are integers values. If they have decimal parts remove them. You may have to increase the Pixels value in Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section, Decimal Places for Unit Types area, to ensure the input fields in the Transform panel are not rounding the numbers to integer values and are indeed displaying the decimal parts (so you can remove them).

Additionally you can also enable Force Pixel Alignment in the main toolbar (the first icon in the magnet icon group) to ensure artboards (and other objects) always end up on integer values when move/transform them.