You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Wiring Diagrams for Guitar Players

Sackadelic

Hey all, 

First off, I love Affinity. Tried Illustrator, and felt like I was so over my head. Affinity Designer feels like a true next step from my previous drawing software (Omnigraffle).

I've been re-vamping all of my company's wiring diagrams (we make guitar and bass pickups). I think they are some of the best-looking out there.

What do you think?

Sack

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.32.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.32.43 AM.png

Hi, Sackadelic,

The graphic work is fine. Very realistic, and I'm supposing a good representation of the hardware. 

This is not a criticism.  I know absolutely nothing about the hardware. Call me pre-newb. I can only guess at what the various parts depicted are. Some of the pieces seem to be side views, others from the top. So I am perplexed. Are the wires being connected between different components, or routed around the different layers of just 1? That is, in the DynaSonic, would it be obvious to someone familiar w. the hard ware that the wiring describes connections between the 3 levels of the top item, or to and from one to three others? So, for me, the diagrams are fairly enigmatic. Would it be appropriate to add more labels?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet