When multiple vector objects are present in Affinity Designer (greater than 20 not placed in groups or layers), the stroke slider becomes almost unusable due to severe lag. if I place all the objects in a layer or group and twirl it closed, the lag goes away. Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue?

Windows 10, GTX1080G, GTX1070ti

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135

In the meantime, is it possible for me to install an older version and not lose all of my settings and installed brushes? The lag so bad on some of my documents and makes the program almost unusable...

3 minutes ago, ksnyder said:

In the meantime, is it possible for me to install an older version and not lose all of my settings and installed brushes? The lag so bad on some of my documents and makes the program almost unusable...

Our updates page does contain older versions of the app, however your saved AFDesign files are not backwards compatible, for example a file saved in 1.6 cannot be opened in 1.5. Plus that could cause issues with newer settings. What I would suggest if you want to go that route is to first export any brushes, styles, assets etc out of the application and then go into %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\ and create a back up of the 1.0 folder (so you have all of your saved 1.6 settings brushes, assets etc). Once that is I would suggest you delete the original 1.0 folder to effectively do an app reset to make sure the older version isn't using any incompatible settings and then reimport any of the files you exported, and any change any other preferences you prefer.

If you do decide to go back to 1.6, just put the 1.0 folder you made a backup of earlier back into place, reinstall 1.6 and run it up.

Good find Sean! Thank you for the tip. I think it will let me get by until there is a fix for the bug. I would hate to break compatibility to my older project files. 

Kevin