You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

When using the crop tool and I saved my images. When I open the saved image there are white lines on the outside edges. Only seems to happen to 

the bottom of the image of the right side of the image. They look like a line of blank white pixels.

Is the crop tool sometimes faulty and doesn’t align with outside image .

cheers Tom

• Staff

Hi Tominski7 :)

When using the cropping tool, it is possible to crop larger than the current canvas which may create white lines around your image.

Turning snapping options on can help here, see my below gifs of aligning the cropping tool manually vs with cropping on.

d8620d0a6194c651e6d5ae0e1f6c82f9.gif

eb4e253cd522df900416154dfc26d949.gif

Please note even with snapping enabled it's still possible to crop past the canvas, so do bear this in mind.

If you have snapping enabled already, are the white lines you're seeing only appearing when opening the file in Affinity, or if you open the cropped image in an external image viewer?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

This is the problem , thanks for the GIF. Both images shown external and on affinity show this problem. Sometimes you don’t see it until it’s opened large on a PC screen.

Its very annoying, especially when sending images to magazines and you realise they have white lines around the images when you zoom in.

Using the iPad you don’t see them until you use a PC screen.

I will try the snapping method.

cheers Tom