You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestions - move/text tool

One thing I really miss coming from PP to Pub and that is the most convenient feature of having the move tool change automatically to a text tool when hovering over a text frame or text box. Also consequently automatically changing back to a move tool when leaving that area. A very logical and time-saving feature that I have always treasured in PP. They say "you don't miss a thing until you lose it", I find that is true in this case.

Hi,

You can change the keystroke of differents menu/tools in the program accordingly to your needs.

Actually it is set to "v" but you can change it for the "space bar" if you want or any other key.

If you plan to use CTRL , SHIFT or ALT, you have to add a letter after it.

image.png.45164ab3dce644b1155e2be6fceeb0c7.png

On 10/11/2018 at 8:54 PM, Typo998 said:

Hi,

You can change the keystroke of differents menu/tools in the program accordingly to your needs.

Actually it is set to "v" but you can change it for the "space bar" if you want or any other key.

If you plan to use CTRL , SHIFT or ALT, you have to add a letter after it.

image.png.45164ab3dce644b1155e2be6fceeb0c7.png

Nope, it didn't work.

I like how the QuarkXpress and InDesign use the 'Option' key in a 'Text mode' to pan the layout. Pressing the spacebar is another but using the two method is a plus for speed workflow.