j3rry

Text color in dialogs bug

Today I got  White Text on White Background :-( MacOS Mojave , Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Metal off. 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-11 um 09.31.38.png

Affinity Photo & Designer & DxO Photolab on a Macbook Pro (2014) 16gb Ram, 512 GB SSD, Eizo CS240, MacOSX Mojave

Hi j3rry,

When you say you have 'Metal off', how did you turn that off? What are your Preferences > Performance settings? Had you previously installed the Mojave beta on your Mac, and had you used any Terminal commands related to the themeing of Mojave?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi j3rry,

When you say you have 'Metal off', how did you turn that off? 

I set performance to Opengl and I assume that this will switch off Metal at least for AP.

What are your Preferences > Performance settings?

See the attached Screenshot

Had you previously installed the Mojave beta on your Mac, and had you used any Terminal commands related to the themeing of Mojave?

No , no Mojave beta, never played with themeing on my Macbook 

Please see my another UI related  bug report 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-12 um 08.17.33.png

Affinity Photo & Designer & DxO Photolab on a Macbook Pro (2014) 16gb Ram, 512 GB SSD, Eizo CS240, MacOSX Mojave

Thanks for the reply! I've passed this on to development to see if they have any idea what might be causing this! Have you made many modifications to Photo such as custom made macros, brushes, shortcuts etc? If not you could try holding down Ctrl when starting the app, ticking all the boxes and clicking 'Clear'. This will reset the app (thereby removing any customisations) back to default. Let me know if that helps!

Regarding the issue mentioned in the other thread, this has been reported to development.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

If not you could try holding down Ctrl when starting the app, ticking all the boxes and clicking 'Clear'. This will reset the app (thereby removing any customisations) back to default. Let me know if that helps!

Reset of the application was the first thing I've tried, without success.

1 hour ago, j3rry said:

Reset of the application was the first thing I've tried, without success.

That's unfortunate - I presume you've also tried removing the application from your Mac and reinstalling from the App Store?

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

That's unfortunate - I presume you've also tried removing the application from your Mac and reinstalling from the App Store?

Yes, with no effect related to the failures.

Hi j3rry,

The only other thing I can think of trying is to enter this command in Terminal and then restarting your Mac:

defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance 

Are there any other areas of the app that look off (except for the collapse buttons as previously mentioned)? Or is it just the text on the OS buttons?

58 minutes ago, Sean P said:

The only other thing I can think of trying is to enter this command in Terminal and then restarting your Mac:

defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance 

Are there any other areas of the app that look off (except for the collapse buttons as previously mentioned)? Or is it just the text on the OS buttons?

From the Terminal:

WolfRudigersMBP:~ wrj$ defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance

2018-10-17 16:07:49.009 defaults[1609:313795]

Domain (kCFPreferencesAnyApplication) not found.

Defaults have not been changed.

WolfRudigersMBP:~ wrj$

I think "NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance" does not exist on my MBP

Only the greenish frames sometimes on the checkboxes and the text on the OS Buttons are the problem, but not showstopper. 

Yup definitely looks as though that is not there, so it doesn't sound like that is the issue! It seems someone else is bumping into this issue using another piece of software (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52543584/xampp-7-2-10-0-macos-mojave-no-button-label-are-visible), however I'm really at a loss as to what is causing it.

Did you notice this happening directly after installing Mojave or a little while after? What software and apps are you using on your machine, particularly those that are always running - are there any that you think could be interfering? 

I've switched off the dark mode and all problems with this effects are gone. And yes there is a program always running in the background, Eizo Colormanager. Switching Colormanager off has no effect. 

All problems are gone with the new Colormanager 7.02 from Eizo.