You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text w/ outline becomes blurry when exported as EPS

I'm using Affinity Designer (macOS) to create a t-shirt design. I need to send the design to the printing company as an EPS file. Some of the text in my design has an outline that I created using the "Effects" tab down by the layers. It looks great in my original .afdesign file. When I export it as an .eps file, however, the text becomes blurry. It only happens to the text that has an outline. I'm guessing there's some incompatibility with the way it is creating the outline effect and the .eps file format. Is there any way to correct this? I don't want to send a blurry design to the printers. Attached are screenshots comparing the two pieces of text. Both are blown up to 800% to show the blurriness of the .eps version.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 2.07.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 2.07.35 PM.png

• Staff

Hi seannymurrs,

Welcome to the forums :) Any layer created with an fx set against it will be rasterised when exported to a vector format, as these can't be carried between different software.

If you require the output to remain vector then you'll need to remove the fx on the layer and create a outline manually using vector curves. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!