Hi, I'm inputing PDF drawings and Jpeg images within frames into my Publisher document (as I would with Indesign) but when I reopen the document after updating some of the files they do not automatically update in the Publisher document - they all appear to be embedded and I cannot find a linked files palette ..am I missing something?

Thanks

Document > Resource Manager will show you if they're linked or not, and will let you do manual updates. There's a Preference that controls automatic updating of linked images:

linkpref.png.7671f8ca716b77dccb445f67fc698747.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.221 Beta

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Document > Resource Manager will show you if they're linked or not, and will let you do manual updates. There's a Preference that controls automatic updating of linked images, I think.

When you make a new document it is the Image Placement Policy in the topmost part of the dialog box. Then if you want to change this in an existing document it is in the Document Setup... dialog. I think you have to save close and reopen for the change to take properly but take that advice with a large grain of salt.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.12.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.192 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.105 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.3