You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Correction with X-Rite Colorchecker Passport

As the first request for this option was posted way back on June 16th 2016 and after more than two years later we have nothing even though it was pointed out in previous posts that AP was available FREE with the X-Rite Colorchecker some time ago, I do not think you will get the request or even maybe a reply of something like  'Our programers are working on it'!!! It is one of the main reasons I and many more have had to keep Lightroom even though many software companies are proclaiming that there software will rival Adobe software. Afraid no where near Adobe at this time. Russ.

That would be a (short-term) fix that doesn't cost anything. I use Resolve Studio for my editing work (and even my VFX now when I get time to learn that UI).

Most of my current stuff doesn't need me to fire up a 16 core Xeon and since electricity it's free I'm sticking with an i3 laptop for a daily driver which is fine for most Affinity Photo work. (More props to the developers for making this possible!)

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're talking color targets, let me list a number of color targets to implement

• Datacolor SpyderCheckr 24
  • DSC Labs ChromaDumonde 24+4
  • DSC Labs SMPTE OneShot
  • X-Rite ColorChecker Classic
  • X-Rite ColorChecker Classic - Legacy
  • X-Rite ColorChecker Video
  • X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The software is produced by X-Rite, have you asked them to produce non DNG dependant software for applications other than LR. their website is at:

https://www.xrite.com/ 

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

X-Rite has the following Camera Calibration software written for Lightroom and Photoshop and the ColorChecker target is also supported by a variety of third-party software solutions such as Black Magic DaVinci Resolve and Hasselblad Phocus.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/c/colorchecker_camera_calibration_v1_1_1

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

On 12/22/2018 at 6:23 AM, AiDon said:

X-Rite has the following Camera Calibration software written for Lightroom and Photoshop and the ColorChecker target is also supported by a variety of third-party software solutions such as Black Magic DaVinci Resolve and Hasselblad Phocus.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/c/colorchecker_camera_calibration_v1_1_1

@AiDon is it supported in Affinity like it is in Resolve? This would be a great feature to implement in the often requested, long awaited, even mentioned to be in development, supposedly to be finished after publisher Affinity DAM

No it isn't supported in Affinity as they are DNG Profiles only for Photoshop & Lightroom but you should  be able to create a LUT from Photoshop or Resolve which means you can use the LUT in other applications like Affinity Photo.

Resolve uses it for Cinema grading.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

No, what I am suggesting that those who want it implemented also suggest it to X-Rite as they can more easily write the software as it is their product. They wrote the software for DNG profiles.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Why would you want them to support colorcharts from other manufacturers? AP, as Lightroom and Photoshop do, has a plugin interface.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

@AiDon This feature request is for built-in support for X-rite colorcharts
it was you who suggested contacting X-Rite to get built-in support for DNG-profiles in Affinity products
if you want support for DNG export in AP that is a wholly different feature, I suggest you create a separate feature request for that

50 minutes ago, whizzrd said:

@AiDon This feature request is for built-in support for X-rite colorcharts
it was you who suggested contacting X-Rite to get built-in support for DNG-profiles in Affinity products
if you want support for DNG export in AP that is a wholly different feature, I suggest you create a separate feature request for that

No I didn't, if you read what was posted I said that they created the software for LR and PS, and it is neither here nor their that it is DNG profiles, and from my original post I said:

"The software is produced by X-Rite, have you asked them to produce non DNG dependant software for applications other than LR. their website is at:"

So, clearly, I didn't say support for DNG export. And I am not sure what you mean by that anyway.

I suggested that it may be worthwhile to contact X-Rite and ask them.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

@AiDon I really don’t understand how X-Rite creating non DNG dependent software is going to help Serif implementing chart based color correction. Apparently X Rite offer a SDK that can be licensed and implemented in the Affinity line of products. Is there something I am not aware of, like an inherent dependence of that SDK on the DNG format that would prevent Serif implementing the feature requested using said SDK? Affinity Photo seems to have support for reading DNG format, are you suggesting writing that format is a required feature to be able to license the SDK and that Serif can’t implement DNG writing to fulfill this requirement?

You should provide the link to the SDK ...

And, I have no idea why you keep mentioning DNG, it was simply a mention of the software already created by x-rite.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020