Foomandoonian

Ability to create more decorative borders for boxes and text frames

My apologies if this has already been suggested… 

For the kind of work I do, I would very much like the ability to create more elaborate boxes to decorate page elements. I'm thinking of something like how in ye-olde days of web design you would create a 3x3 table for a boxout and little images would go in the cells to represent the 4 corners, the 4 sides and the middle. This could be a vector version of that, with the 9-tile asset created in Designer.

I know that this kind of result can be accomplished in Publisher right now without this feature, but it is a lot more fidgety to maintain, there is no way to make our results into a repeatable style that can simply be applied to a text frame, and the illusion is broken if you stretch or squash the boxes. This kind of solution would be a lot more flexible. 

if I have missed something that would help me produce these kinds of results, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 20.01.26.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 19.56.39.png