You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keep Crashing When Opening File

The same here. Tired several times, with multiple backed-up files. Whenever I try to open one of them, the Program crashes. Tried to have a colleague open them on his computer – the same thing happens. The file contained 2 master pages (cover+spread master), and about 5 layout pages, some text styles, color palette, made use of 2 different fonts.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, verenatam said:

I'm not sure if there's an issue with the link but I'm getting a 'Sorry, there is a problem' when I click the file to download it. Is it a CMYK document?

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'm not sure if there's an issue with the link but I'm getting a 'Sorry, there is a problem' when I click the file to download it. Is it a CMYK document?

It should be a CMYK document, yes. Can you try the last one I’ve uploaded please?

Hi Chris,

The file contains a PNG file with transparency a Vector Logo which I copy and pasted into Publisher from AF Designer

1 Master Page with header and footer and 2 other pages with text that I had copied and pasted in from a PDF file.

and it in working CMYK, thanks for logging it with the devs.

When I think about it it now Chris it started to miss behave after a pasted text from the PDF file into a Publisher text frame.

I then saved it and thats when I couldn't re-open it.

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hi guys,

Dev believe they have identified the cause and we're trying to get a recipe for them. They have asked if any of you need these files as they should be able to recover them—or are they just test documents?

I would actually be happy to have it recovered. Thank you 

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

Whilst these particular very broken documents will still crash, we believe the cause of these has now been dealt with during the developement cycle - certainly there have been no further documents to development with the issue since November. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.