You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Comic - Two Old Guys

mstarlin

This was my first try using Affinity Designer. I am not really an artist or designer but several months ago I decided to try to use Photoshop to create comics. I made a couple of comics. They were fairly simple, but I liked the results. Then I got a new retina MacBook Pro and the lack of retina support in Photoshop CS4 basically made my older version of Photoshop unusable. 

So I decided to look for an alternative that didn't require a subscription. I discovered Affinity Designer. It required a different workflow than Photoshop. I used Actions in Photoshop to do a lot of the bitmap texture fills. But the Gradient tool in AD makes adding bitmap textures so much easier.  I used the warp function in Photoshop to change vector shapes. The curves function in AD gives me similar results. 

You can see the two comics I made in Photoshop, for comparison, here:

http://www.behance.net/MarkStarlin

post-6473-0-65574900-1428031752_thumb.png