I installed AfD on my new machine by copying it to a pen drive from the Applications folder on my old Mac, then from the pen drive to the applications folder on the new one. It worked fine for a while then went haywire. I was rather naughty but I was in a hurry!  How can I uninstall it and reinstall it the correct way?

Shouldn't you always be able to (re)download from the Apple App store, as far as you have once bought the app? - Look under the bought apps category!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Thanks v_kyr, I'll have another go in the morning, but the problem is Apple messing about and refusing to recognise me and giving me instructions in some bloody foreign language!

It should be as simple as opening the Mac App Store app from the Apple menu (4th item down, called "App Store..."), clicking on the "Purchased" icon at the top of the window & then signing in with the Apple ID & password you used when you bought the Affinity app(s).

If you are seeing everything in a foreign language, scroll to the bottom of the MAS window & click on the round country icon on the right. Choose your country from the list on the page that opens & try again.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

May they are using a VPN and using a server from a foreign country? websites will show the page in the country it thinks you are from. :ph34r:

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019