You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
On 9/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, Serena Butler said:

I can confirm that unchecking "Convert opened files to working space" resolve the problem in 1.7.2.

I'm very glad to hear this Dirk, thanks for letting me know!

I appreciate the ICM file provided, this has helped our developers to test and implement a fix for this behaviour, which should hopefully be part of the 1.7.3 update :D

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Hi Dirk,

We're currently in the process of preparing 1.7.3 for beta and this should be available shortly from the following section of the forums -

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/61-affinity-photo-beta-forums/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 6 months later...

Still doesn't work for me 😥 Not in Affinity Photo, not in Designer and not in Publisher (1.8.2) Changed internal graphic processing to the GeForce card (Notebook GT555M) and updated all drivers. This is the only graphics suite, that won't work on my notebook. Strange...

Joerg

• Staff

@JoergB I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble! I've re-read this thread and it appears as though the last step I asked you to try was creating a new Windows user and installing one of the Affinity apps here to see if the same behaviour occurred. Did you have a chance to try this please? There's certainly something local to your machine/user causing this issue, so I'm hoping this may help.

What is the behaviour currently when trying to open/close the apps?

• 11 months later...

Well, this is a bit sad. I installed the eval of Affinity Photo v1.9.1.979 on a MS Surface Pro running WIndows 10 Pro and have been using it nonstop for the past three days. Today, it crashed and now I'm experience the same symptoms as the above. I cannot open any files, whether .jpg or .afphoto. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem followed. I checked and the settings>color>convert opened files to working space is unchecked by default. Photo hangs completely, I can only force it closed through Task Manager. I renamed the %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 file, relaunched, accepted the new font file and was able to create a new file and open an afphoto, but the program hung again when I tried to open a .jpg. After forcing the app down again and relaunching, I am no longer able to open the same .afphoto file.

I'm out of ideas. Please help.

unfortunately my Windows10 installation crashed completely and I had to reinstall Windows10 and all the software, tools, drivers from scratch. Then I had problems with a new VST synth plugin, which doesn't show up the GUI. The developer asked me to switch to internal graphics, instead of the NVidia Graphics card (GeForce GT555M) and it worked. Then I installed all my Affinity software (current versions) and still I couldn't open any file or create a new file. I hopefully switched to internal graphics and I'm able to open files now 🙂 Obviously this graphics driver doesn't like some apps...

Hope this helps...
Best regards,
Joerg

• Staff

Hi @jay_h,

Welcome to the Affinity forums and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here as I have been 'out of office' for this past week!

Can you please confirm for me, have you since been able to resolve this issue of opening documents within Affinity Photo, or are you still having issues with the app? :)

• 2 months later...

Guys I just installed the 90 day trial of Affinity photo and had the same issue above. None of the solutions provided by DAN C worked (no offense intended). I started playing around with the settings and have come across the solution (which works for me) This was the solution I used for another software which had the same issue. Try it and let me know 

EDIT > PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE

Then "untick" Hardware Acceleration (Enable Open CL....)

Restart the program and open a picture. 

Hope it helps.

image.png.ba1dbe22f6b10decb27b105d8361c487.png

Edited by Imi Z
upload screenshot