You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy and paste images from clipboard

Hey, testing Publisher I copied images to the clipboard (Win 10) and tried to paste them to the Publisher document. But Publisher does not recognice the images in the clipboard. Would be great, if you could add this.

Thanks Erwin

36 minutes ago, ekweb said:

But Publisher does not recognice the images in the clipboard

It would be useful to know what file type you are copying across.

I tried to copy jpg and it worked for me but I'm on Mac. But it should also work on Windows.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

3 minutes ago, Seneca said:

It would be useful to know what file type you are copying across.

Sorry. I ment jpg files. I am in Windows explorer, copy some jpg files in the clipboard, but Publisher does not recognice the jpg's copied to the clipboard.

Thanks

Trying around I found out that there is an option "Paste Without Format". This brings my clipboard files to publisher, BUT all files in the clipboard get inserted at once. Would be great if the files in the clipboard could be applied to "Picture Frame Tool" elements one by one. 

9 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

This is not the way, clipboards are working. Or can you achieve this with any other application?

Just tried out with my old CS4 ID, you are wright. But as a suggestion this would be fine. Thanks

I opened a jpg directly from my MAC picture files to the clipboard and then resized it and dragged it from the clipboard into an open Publisher file, and then tried Text Wrap.  The text wrapped, but not to the dimensions I wanted.   But the image was there, movable and resizable. I didn't try dragging it from the clipboard into an open picture frame.  Guess I should have tried it.  Long day.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9