You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Address Labels and other small publication templates

On 5/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, fde101 said:

If this is the sum total of what you need and you are on a Mac you might want to check out PrintWorks: https://www.belightsoft.com/printworks/

It's a bit wimpy compared to more serious tools like what Serif is working toward, but it does handle merge/labels along with other relatively basic publishing tasks, and it's cheap.

Thank you for this suggestion.  It could be just what I need for my endless labels.  I'll try it out.  Guess it won't load PP files though!

2 minutes ago, fde101 said:

not yet and possibly not ever

*probably almost certainly

Fixed it for you!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 10/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, robkendrew said:

Now tell me how to print out just the 4th label on the 5th row or else four copies of the third label on the first row. This is the sort of functionality that PagePlus has which means that you don't have to print out multiple identical labels every time. This is what I'm looking for.

Just select the labels you need and select "Print > Selection".

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

On 5/22/2019 at 1:35 AM, wayne.h said:

I would like to add my vote for label printing functions.  Ability to specify size and gaps, with multiple copies per page for e.g. bottle labels

Why don't you create your own templates? It is not too complicated. I used to do it a long time ago. Start with the most used ones and in spare time add the others.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 5 months later...

I bought Affinity Publisher when it was finally released, but I find myself still using PagePlus. As a PP user since version 2, the differences between the two programs are too much for me to pick up Publisher when I have something to do quickly. I have just needed to update my labels for the choir I am in and found that exporting from PP to Publisher via a PDF does not preserve the fact that there was a master page, nor does it allow me to print multiple labels to a page without some serious time being spent on reformatting the document. I feel that Serif has let its user down very badly with the lack of either a direct import process or a separate conversion program to convert PPP files to Publisher. I will still use PP until Serif gets their act together. I was planning to buy Publisher for Windows so I could work on either my Mac or PC, but at the moment Publisher is just not up to scratch for me. As a very long term customer, I am very disappointed and can see me looking at other packages if things do not improve soon, although I would loathe doing that as I have many years of PPP files that I still use as templates for new documents.

• 7 months later...

Hey fellow Affinity Publisher users. I found this page by doing the same thing. Looking to see if Publisher could print label and it didn't. I to didn't stop there. lol I went to Avery labels and found the templates section and what I did to get the perfect label of a whole sheet or just one single label was to download the PSD template and Like Magic I was able to print my labels as I like. Just remember to turn off the template layer before you print. I hope this helped you just as it did me. I'm new to the whole Affinity Suite, But I am loving every wonderful minute of it. Game Changer!

Plus here is the link to Avery Templates and I also added the template I use for reference if you need it. https://www.avery.ca/downloadable-templates.html

Avery8160AddressLabels.psd

• 4 months later...

I have tried Avery but can only seem to save it as an html file! I like many others miss the label function. I would also like to vote for inclusion of the small publication facility in page plus 9 which I used for a number of years i think since page plus 4  I have enrrolled in a course  with affinity resolution.com in the that I would learn how to configure the templates, they signposted me to Avery.com and online label printing facility.

I suspect until sufficient members request the facility  I have to rely on Page plus for task

I do like the course though, it has helped a lot with my transition from page plus to Publisher 8.5 -    Affinity Revolution

wish you all a happy safe Christmas and I meanwhile  look forward to seeing your tips