You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Photo show CMYK, RGB and HEQ values all at same time?

I've moved from Photoshop. I create brand identities where I need to know the CMYK, RGB and HEQ values of a certain 'brand' colour. In Photoshop the Color Picker tool would convert the CMYK values to RGB and HEQ (and visa-versa) - all in the same window - so it is easy to see the values of the different colour  formats. Can Photo do this all in the same window? Can Photo show the HEQ values?

• Staff

Hi Markeeee :)

I've not heard of HEQ before, are you referring to a HEX value (such as #FF0000?)

Affinity Photo can show RGB + HEX values at the same time, but not all 3. You can change the colour view by using the dropdown in the Colour Studio, selecting RGB + HEX will show the RGB values as normal, then the HEX value at the bottom. You can then switch this view for CMYK, and the same colour will be retained, simply shown with CMYK values. Please see my below GIF showing this for RGB 255, 0, 0.

8f7cf0e56646d95dfd2c47c3af89b45e.gif

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

The info panel totally slipped my mind, thanks Toltec! :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks.

Could this be moved to a Feature Request? It would be great if the Colour Studio, like Photoshop Color Picker, showed all colour formats at the same time. And when one colour format is changed the others change as well.

• Staff
19 minutes ago, Markeeee said:

Could this be moved to a Feature Request?

Sorted, I like the sound of this! :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Simply double click on the coloured circle in the Colour Studio :)

c24a038e15d061131bb531addc3b05df.gif

Please note -

Many thanks!