You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

changecolor, colorpicker bug of feature

I open a document. Then a select a part of a text which was bold. I then want tot change the color op the selected text by double click on the colorfield right of the colorpicker.

Suddenly the bold status is on and Italics also. And the font is cleared out. So changing is a bug or a feature?

bug-colorpicker.jpg.7493165b8b80f968fa4ea7488b844bb7.jpg

1 hour ago, pruus said:

Suddenly the bold status is on and Italics also. And the font is cleared out. So changing is a bug or a feature?

I get similar results, I used a Paragraph style with the font being "Arial" "Bold Italic" for the font traits. I lost the Attributes and the Bold as in your screen shot. I would say that this is a bug because it is unexpected behaviour and means something isn't right, but it is not going to keep me awake at night (unless of course the underlying problem explains other more important Text bugs).

Also I don't have to double click to change the colour.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Lone,

I have an document with font set to Arial. The publisher-document will be enclosed here. The steps o see what is happening:

1: I open the document (APublisher document), enclosed
2: I select a part of an header text, fi (maar spaarzaam). which is bold and blue.
3: I go to the colorpicker to change the color of the selected text to black, double click on the round color (is allready black) to change the color of the selected text. Something changed. But..
4: Looking now in the fonts, this is gone, and Italics and Bold are both selected. Allthoug this was only bold.

Strange? Isn't?

regards

Jan

emailhandtekening als marketingwapen.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.