You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Roger terry said:

I have great difficulty in altering text parameters in a selected group of cells. It seem to me to be impossible. Am I missing something?

What kind of alterations are you talking about? Can you give an example?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Currently, when I put the cursor into a cell, the default is black text with a black outline. To clear the outline I have to deselect the outline in every cell. It seems to be imossible to set parameters for a group of cells so that a default text style is established. Within a cell the cursor acts on the text but as soon as a group of cells are selected the ability to edit the text style of the cells seem lost. Is that clear? Let me know.

Thanks.

With all of the cells selected, you should be able to change their characteristics (Font, size, style, fill) using the context menu. Or, using the Character panel you can adjust those and more. You should also be able to apply character or paragraph styles, if you want.

That works for me on Windows, so if it doesn't for you then it sounds like a Mac-specific issue.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
5 hours ago, Roger terry said:

[...] sometimes my backspace key drops into space mode, ie, goes forward entering spaces rather than going backwards and eliminating characters.

Hi, we hoped we'd fixed this in the last update (139/140). Are you up to date?

• Staff

Like this (see below)? What happens when you try? are the border's selector buttons jumping back to the All option? If so you must select all the table cells first (click and drag from the top left to the bottom right using the table Tool). Then click the Outside vertical button (border buttons section) and set the width to zero.

Note that you may then find the verticals turned white. This is because you have a white stroke applied to the frame in the Frame section on top (Table panel). Set the Stroke to None there and the verticals should then be removed.

1395634542_ScreenShot.jpeg.6635515f0579834844d6d08ce9a29287.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.