You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

create Outline from several object in a group

image.png.c3cc3b53ddda0aeb14f7c3fe62a111dd.png

hello, help me please. sorry for bad english.

so i created a graphic contains some objects that i convert to a "group", you can see in the image i upload.

that black bold outline is from "outline" fx. i know it cant be exported as vector.

but, all i want is to only export the outline to be a vector. not included those tiny line inside. and i want a line vector,

can you guys help me the fastest way?

One method would be to group everything and lock that group, create a new layer above and use the group below as a guide to trace around the outline with the pen tool, use snapping to snap to the nodes around the edge and just draw straight lines, you can bend the curves with the node tool afterwards to match the corner curves.

It might help to upload the file so we can see how you have constructed the shape.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello awan,

You can select the shape in bold, delete the fx "Outline" and replace it with a normal contour of the same thickness. Then export only this form (by selecting only it in the group) in PDF format, the line will be vector.

Export.png