You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Links Panel?

Hello, thank you for the beta release of Publisher - super excited for this and have been enjoying the program/tutorials. However, when going through the placing images tutorial, I noticed an interesting feature when I moved a linked image from its original location. The program let me know, that the location of a linked image had changed, but I cannot find a Link panel to monitor these links. I see a "Replace Image" feature at the top, but I'm wondering if there's a panel/window to view all the linked images within a document, then select/update a group of them or view information related to that linked file, like it's location, dimensions, color space, etc. ?

If this doesn't exist in Publisher it probably should, very good idea.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I also need a proper Links Panel, where I could scroll trough all of them, probably see on which pages are they placed, the file name, etc. When I click on an image in the document the file should also be highlighted in this Links Panel.

The file name should show up somewhere when I click on a linked image in the document. Maybe next to the "Replace image" button? 

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

scroll trough all of them, probably see on which pages are they placed, the file name, etc.

Works like that already.

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

When I click on an image in the document the file should also be highlighted in this Links Panel. 

Works like that already.

Exception: resources which are used more than once in your document get collected in folders in the Resource Panel and won't get highlighted automatically unless you manually have opened the according folder. – I wish those folder would open automatically, too.

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

The file name should show up somewhere when I click on a linked image in the document. Maybe next to the "Replace image" button?

Works already, both in context menu bar (> first entry) and Resource Manager (> above "Replace" button).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

OK, I see,

So then the only thing missing is to have the resource manager as a regular panel like the ones found in View-Studio. Maybe without having a preview image on the right because it occupies too much space...

48 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

OK, I see,  So then the only thing missing is to have the resource manager as a regular panel

Do you have a visual idea in mind and, ideally, would you be able to show a sketchy screenshot?

At least to me it would be less useful as regular panel – unless it gets totally redesigned. Even without preview. Simply "because it occupies too much space". So, your "then the only thing missing" sounds again a bit quick posted.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1