Luovatone

Brush Nozzle follows canvas rotation - Issue

Hi,
Somehow Brush Nozzles angle  and canvas rotation angle is linked to, (or not separated from) each other?

So when I rotate canvas brush nozzle follows,
what makes drawing, shading and inking very hard when using anything other than perfectly round brush.
I attached small video to demonstrate that.

Working with iPads I can quite easily rotate the whole device, but....

This problem occur at least on Mac OS and iOS versions of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

Hopefully this issue is fixed soon, like Affinity Photos distracting pressure sensitivity drop bug.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Luovatone,

Thanks for the video! I've reproduced that here and will pass it on to development!

Hi, I just installed Affinity Designer and Photo 1.7 update to iPads and MacOS and

Canvas Rotation is still linked to Brush Nozzles? or something..?? -> see the video attachment on the first post.
Rotating Canvas -> Brush Nozzle follows :(

I hope that this will fixed soon because it really makes Canvas Rotation function useless when using
brush tips that reacts rotation (Dynamics -> Rotation Jitter -> Angle function) such as emulating real pencils, chisel tips, flat thin brushes.

PS. It seems that for my initial tests pressure sensitivity drop bug is fixed on the Affinity Photo.