iaing

FontExplorer auto-activated fonts not recognised

I have FontExplorer set to automatically activate fonts requested by documents - when I open a Designer file, Font Explorer says it's opening requested fonts (before Designer has managed to open the file) but once open, Designer doesn't recognise the fonts. I know they have activated because I can go into another app and use the fonts fine. Even if I close the file and re-open, it doesn't work - the only way is to quit Designer, activate the fonts manually in FontExplorer and then launch Designer.

The same problem in Photo, but all other applications I have work fine with this - Pixelmator Pro; Pages; Sketch; Office (Adobe CS6 Suite too but that has dedicated plugins for FontExplorer).

It's only the auto-activated fonts that have the problem - if I open a Designer file, then manually activate a font in FontExplorer, it is immediately available in Designer fine.

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 16.49.12.png

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS 11.0.1 Big Sur
Affinity Designer : 1.8.6 (beta 1.9.0.23)  Affinity Photo: 1.8.6,   Affinity Publisher: 1.8.6 (+ beta 1.9.0.902)

Hi @iaing,

As far as I can see, the Auto-activation is done via a Plug-in, which only works on Adobe and QuarkXPress:

image.png

Not much we can do as we're not on their supported apps list. 

More, Affinity Designer does not have Plug-in support. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi @GabrielM, no, they also have

• Systemwide auto-activation of fonts

- in your screenshot - as I say, all other apps work correctly - Apple Pages; Sketch; Pixelmator Pro; Office apps - none have dedicated plugins.The plugins add more function, but basic font activation requests should and do work, it's just that Affinity isn't 'seeing' them after they're activated.

1572018773_ScreenShot2018-10-08at14_43_01.png.a12f3e5bd25cc114e1666551dc0bcdab.png 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS 11.0.1 Big Sur
Affinity Designer : 1.8.6 (beta 1.9.0.23)  Affinity Photo: 1.8.6,   Affinity Publisher: 1.8.6 (+ beta 1.9.0.902)