TomFulery

Envelope warping, object-distort, perspective tool or fisheye tool?

The old and new model both suck...

The "old model" is clinging to absurd prices for mediocre 2D graphics software as if the "desktop publishing revolution" of the mid-80s is still in bloom. It isn't rocket science anymore. That's another example of Serif's innovation with the Affinity line.

JET

I am a professional, yes and a curious one.  That is why I am here. You found and pointed out a spelling error. And have an attitude like a... pdddr. Well English is not my first language so there. But you mentioned the most insignificant error like a child. Very mature. :35_thinking: I am not impressed. 

You can’t compare a roof with a service. Times are changing and conditions are changing. I understand companies perfectly when the charge as a service.

My latest work reached approximately 5 million people. Rich and poor. It does so four times every year. Did for more than a decade. But I made it in Illustrator etc. again. The price is nothing compared to literally everything else in our setup.

I just fancy looking for options, new tools, better drawing tools, better software. More fun if possible. Creativity is not fun with clumsy tools. So I had to take a look at the "professional graphic design software" AD.

This bar conversation, however, is futile. It ends here for my part. Feel free to be a last word freak.

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

I am new to affinity and have switched over from Inkscape and this is a big problem I thought this would be implemented in the 1.7 version considering it has been 5 years now I mean I thought this was a top priority at this point. 

Would LOVE to have the envelope warp and mesh features soon, especially when dealing with text. However, I'm also willing to wait for Affinity to do it well, as I know they will. Everything else they do is done with excellence, and I trust these features will be no different.

Thanks, Affinity! Keep up the great work!

On 7/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, Jowday said:

I am a professional, yes and a curious one.  That is why I am here. You found and pointed out a spelling error. And have an attitude like a... pdddr. Well English is not my first language so there. But you mentioned the most insignificant error like a child. Very mature. :35_thinking: I am not impressed. 

You can’t compare a roof with a service. Times are changing and conditions are changing. I understand companies perfectly when the charge as a service.

My latest work reached approximately 5 million people. Rich and poor. It does so four times every year. Did for more than a decade. But I made it in Illustrator etc. again. The price is nothing compared to literally everything else in our setup.

I just fancy looking for options, new tools, better drawing tools, better software. More fun if possible. Creativity is not fun with clumsy tools. So I had to take a look at the "professional graphic design software" AD.

This bar conversation, however, is futile. It ends here for my part. Feel free to be a last word freak.

Tell us more of your 5 million people reach project! I’m curious!

For a lot of us here we are glad to reach 500-1000... @Jowday show us!