Markeeee

Photo saves as both .tif and .tiff

I have batch processed a lot of photos. They have been saved as .tif files. I have then had to work on a few of the original JPEGs and exported them as TIFFs. I hoped to be able to overwrite/replace the batch processed files, but when exporting Affinity Photo uses .tiff. This is bonkers. I now have duplicate files some with the .tif file name and some with the .tiff file name. 

Surely AP should just be using one of the other - not both?

See this post

Support this. I have thousand of files with ".tif" extension. Working in AP on these files creates a second file on saving, instead of overwriting the existing file

5 hours ago, Siegfried said:

Support this. I have thousand of files with ".tif" extension. Working in AP on these files creates a second file on saving, instead of overwriting the existing file

I don't know if the Mac version of Photo works like the Windows version in this respect, but in the Windows Export dialog I can type somename.tif and Photo saves the file with a .tif extension instead of a .tiff extension.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't know if the Mac version of Photo works like the Windows version in this respect, but in the Windows Export dialog I can type somename.tif and Photo saves the file with a .tif extension instead of a .tiff extension.

As per the OP’s screenshot, in the Mac version you cannot save the file with a .tif extension without also having a .tiff extension appended.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Sorry, I missed that.

(I prefer the way that the Windows version handles it :) )

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta