You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.139

Windows 8 64 bit.

Trying to resize a table column width.

Highlighted all the rows in the column and selected Auto fit column to contents.

Publisher just froze (not responding)

This has now happened 6 times. Any ideas please.

Edited by John T
Wrong version of windows, I am using Win 8 not 7

• Staff

Hi John,

I have encountered a crash before whilst doing similar steps on a table, but have yet to find a recipe for it that reproduces it consistently.

Does this only happen for you in a certain document? Do you have text inside with a custom text style applied?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon P.

It is a 3 column table with 10 lines. It is a list of committee members.

The first column is position, Chairman etc. -The second column is Name and phone number, this is the one I am trying to resize.The name is on the first line and the phone number on the next. I have sent the phone number to the next line using the space bar as tab makes the cell too deep.

Column 3 is postal and e-mail address this also has been formatted using the space bar.

. I am using Times Roman 12pt so nothing special.

All rather frustrating.

I do hope Serif see this post and can do something about it.

Still using Page Plus X2 also Open Office Writer which is not ideal but hey.

• Staff

Hi,

Is it possible for you to attach the file you are working from? 

We have seen this, however it is a lot easier for the developers to potentially fix an issue once we have a recipe that can consistently reproduce the issue. So far I've only seen this once or twice and haven't been able to consistently reproduce it.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

OK being a bit thick here Jon P. 

Where can I find the file you need to look at, is it my saved copy of my pages? Also is there a private area I can send the file to as it contains names, address and telephone details. GDPR etc. 

Thanks 

Hi Jon PI tried to replicate the issue in a new table with dummy content.

I tried to resize a column width 3 times using the arrow at the top of the column.

Publisher crashed 3 times.

So I highlighted the whole table and was able to resize the columns, it was a bit of a fiddle.

Is this the way columns must be resized?

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.