You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity logo change

The same sort of thing happened for me on Windows 10 but, in my case, all of my AFDESIGN documents now have the Publisher icon and open in Publisher instead of Designer.
Not much of a problem for me as I don't often open files via WIndows Explorer, but it's an issue that needs to be looked at.

Additional: Right-clicking an AFDESIGN file and choosing Properties shows that Affinity Designer is the chosen app to open the file with but double-clicking the file opens Publisher. However, pressing the Change button in Properties and re-selecting Designer - already selected - puts the file icons back the way they should be and double-clicking an AFDESIGN file then opens Designer as expected. It's not a massive problem and is easily fixed but it's not really something that should need to be fixed by the user in the first place.

• Staff

Hi Johneb3,

I've just tried this myself, but have been unable to reproduce it - installing Publisher kept the AFPhoto files with the correct icons and opened in Photo when double clicked. I would suggest trying what GarryP has said and keep an eye on it - if it does happen again let us know!

Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.