You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange cursor movements during AutoCorrect

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.139 on Windows 7 (64bit, German) behaves as follows:

1. Create a new document with a frame text and start typing with 'Replace text while typing' switched on.
  2. Typing (c) followed by a space somewhere in the middle of a text auto-corrects into a © followed by a space, and moves the text cursor behind this space. This seems to be the usual behaviour of auto-correction in more or less all software I know. Fine.
  3. Typing (c) followed by a space into the empty text frame (or at least at the end of the text) auto-corrects into a © followed by a space, and moves the text cursor directly behind the ©, so that the © is before the text cursor and the space is behind it. Strange...
  4. Typing (tm) followed by a space into the empty text frame (or at least at the end of the text) auto-corrects into a ™ followed by a space, and moves the text cursor directly before the ™, so that now there are two characters behind the text cursor. Even stranger...

It would be nice if the auto-correct behaviour would always and reliably be as mentioned in (2).

Andreas Weidner

HI Andreas

I'm getting the same result for all 3 of your methods, the cursor is placed just after the glyph. This seems like a fairly reasonable behaviour to me. I;m not able to replicate the cursor being in any other position. If you can provide some screenshots or video that might help

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Find attached a short video with some remark texts. Watch out for the auto-correction with subsequent strange cursor positioning at the following times:

• At 00:17-00:18, the copyright sign at the end is auto-corrected, and the cursor placed between it and its trailing space.
  • At 00:39-00:40, the trademark sign at the end places the cursor before itself.
  • At 00:58-00:59, the copyright sign in the middle places the cursor behind its trailing space (which is my preferred way)

Andreas Weidner

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.