You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to Affinity so please bear with me.

Run into big trouble trying to resize the image. I just can't find for the life of me how to resize image (in inches) WITHOUT resampling the image. When I uncheck the option to resample, the inputs that allows me to enter the image size (in inches) are grayed out.

Side note: The reason I'm doing this is to specify the print size. I'd be very interested to know if there's any other way to specify print size.

PS. This can be done super easily in PS, but I really want to make Affinity works here. I kind of like it.

So I brought a calculator and just entered DPI value manually to get the print size I want. This is very annoying, but at least it worked. The app should allow user to manually enter image size, and then calculate DPI automatically; not the other way around.

Anyway, I ran into another problem. For some reason the app printed portrait-orientation image in landscape. It can't be my mistake because the preview in the print dialog shown correct orientation.

I'm a bit frustrated (and sad). Getting a refund gets into my mind...

11 hours ago, FitDynamite said:

New to Affinity so please bear with me.

That would be easier to do if you let us know which Affinity app & which OS (macOS, Windows, iOS) you are using, & maybe a bit more info about the layers in your document(s).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 hours ago, R C-R said:

That would be easier to do if you let us know which Affinity app & which OS (macOS, Windows, iOS) you are using, & maybe a bit more info about the layers in your document(s).

You are right I should have included more info. My apology.

It's Windows. It's a very simple 1 layer, with 2 adjustment layers - a shadow/highlight one, and a level adjustment one.

@FitDynamiteAs a work around until Affinity fix this glaring omission, why not Save those adjustments as presets, open the file with XnViewMP and "resize" the image to your desired print size... takes 30 seconds if that.
904192516_ScreenShot2.png.a6e0d81b4695d55e017ac403c4acde58.png
then open it in Affinity Photo and apply each of the saved adjustments as a preset.
171413184_ScreenShot3.png.3bac65dffcf308b071f0f56d06942a8b.png

So you get 12 years of use back in an instant.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

@FitDynamiteAs a work around until Affinity fix this glaring omission, why not Save those adjustments as presets, open the file with XnViewMP and "resize" the image to your desired print size... takes 30 seconds if that.

then open it in Affinity Photo and apply each of the saved adjustments as a preset.

So you get 12 years of use back in an instant.

I like your idea. I'll definitely try it. Thanks!

• 2 months later...