You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

font management with Font Explorer X Pro

I've just installed the Publisher beta, but haven't been able to figure out how to manage my fonts in it, and it is largely useless to me until I do.

I'm on a late-2013 iMac running El Capitan.

I have thousands of fonts stored in a folder in my User folder.  I use Font Explorer X Pro to manage them. Publisher only sees the fonts in Font Explorer's "system fonts" folder, which is only a tiny number of the fonts Font Explorer manages. It does see other my Font Explorer font set classifications, it just doesn't see fonts within those sets that aren''t in the FEX system folder. Does anyone know how to set things up so I can get Publisher to see the other fonts? Is the problem Publisher or Font Explorer?

Publisher should be able to use all active fonts. Are there some sets that are active (available in other apps) but not in Publisher? Also, it may take a restart of Publisher to see newly activated fonts, I am not quite sure how good Publisher is in font autoloading.

With the osx-native fontapp you can categorize your fonts in user- or smartfolder.... 

You have access to all this folders via the character-window (as you can see i have lot of categorizes).

Much more handy than the just-favorite inside Publisher/Photo... but you need this extra-window to get the access, no way to get it directly on the font-tool-context-bar.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-06 um 10.27.17.jpg

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

7 hours ago, Fixx said:

Publisher should be able to use all active fonts. Are there some sets that are active (available in other apps) but not in Publisher? Also, it may take a restart of Publisher to see newly activated fonts, I am not quite sure how good Publisher is in font autoloading.

It seems to be working now that I've rebooted the computer and started everything up fresh. THANK YOU!

6 hours ago, Polygonius said:

With the osx-native fontapp you can categorize your fonts in user- or smartfolder.... 

You have access to all this folders via the character-window (as you can see i have lot of categorizes).

Much more handy than the just-favorite inside Publisher/Photo... but you need this extra-window to get the access, no way to get it directly on the font-tool-context-bar.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-06 um 10.27.17.jpg

Restarting seems to have solved the problem. But thank you Polygonius!