You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest version of AD, a lot of great new features - Thnx!

Unfortunately, no longer work for me selection fonts (from Character windows/Panel) by pressing the up/down Arrow keys on the keyboard..? as it was before the upgrade.

Now I have to click by the mouse each font to view them - with three hundred, it takes endlessly... :/

This is a bug, or I can fix it somehow from the program?

Cheers!

Marcin

I have some 2.400 fonts installed and active, can't repeat the bug. Only the first time when I open the drop down it takes a little while, but then I can either scroll with the mouse or with the arrows. iMac 8.1 (27", late 2008, with 6 GB RAM).

Maybe a re-install will help? Did you check and verify your fonts lately with font book?

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

Even if I wait, the arrows do not work.  If I have text highlighted in the Times New Roman font, then open the font panel and click on Arial, then hit the down arrow, it takes me to Times New Roman.  (or whatever the current font is)

I have some 2.400 fonts installed and active, can't repeat the bug. Only the first time when I open the drop down it takes a little while, but then I can either scroll with the mouse or with the arrows. iMac 8.1 (27", late 2008, with 6 GB RAM).

Maybe a re-install will help? Did you check and verify your fonts lately with font book?

yeah, you're right. It works on the drop-down menu bar, but it does not work in the Fonts window. Before upgrading it worked...

Yes, the drop down menu works, but not the font / character window.  I did reinstall the Beta, still the same.  Also tried the new MAS version.  The same.  I love using the Character window, but really miss the scrolling through the fonts.

This is by design, I'm afraid. It happens because focus remains with the main view, so that you can continue working with the text. For example, it means you can change font and then immediately type some characters in that font. If focus went to the panel, then you'd have to click back on the main view, which is a pain and also liable to change the caret position. Our behaviour here is now consistent with other apps.