You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI changeing

Hi, Just noticed the ability to change the UI from a combined window to separate tool windows. This is a great addition. I flip between the two options generally when I've used this in other packages. However, when you are in a single window mode and you change mode by clicking on Window > Separated Mode you get instant separation and a tick next to Separated in the menu. Plus the Merge All Windows is raised from greyed out to solid black. So, trying to return to a single window I clicked on Window > Merge All Windows to no effect.

No probs - clicking on Windows Separated Mode removes the tick and changes the Merge All Windows menu option back to grey. This is just a little confusing, what purpose is the Merge all Windows menu option?

54 minutes ago, Bri_G said:

what purpose is the Merge all Windows menu option?

That is for when you have more than one document open in Separated Mode. It also works with 'New View' windows, again in Separated Mode. I don't currently have a big screen to work with so I don't use this. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old Bruce - second thoughts on this. Just to clarify, in case I do need to use it. You are saying that a second project development window or third etc, can be opened to contain separate documents in development. I haven't tried this yet but I am expecting three tools windows and one project window.

Trying this as ~I type and opened a new file - and can see what I described. Now I merge windows and one of the windows disappeared, not present as a tab. So I removed separate windows - back to one window with the second file opened. Running separate windows showed me all five windows (two project windows) then after moving the project windows apart Publisher crashed. Reloaded the file, it loaded the combined file again with only the second file visible and when I clicked on separate windows again it crashed again. Think there is a flaw here.

1 hour ago, Bri_G said:

@Old Bruce - second thoughts on this. Just to clarify, in case I do need to use it. You are saying that a second project development window or third etc, can be opened to contain separate documents in development. I haven't tried this yet but I am expecting three tools windows and one project window.

Trying this as ~I type and opened a new file - and can see what I described. Now I merge windows and one of the windows disappeared, not present as a tab. So I removed separate windows - back to one window with the second file opened. Running separate windows showed me all five windows (two project windows) then after moving the project windows apart Publisher crashed. Reloaded the file, it loaded the combined file again with only the second file visible and when I clicked on separate windows again it crashed again. Think there is a flaw here.

I don't know what you mean by "... I am expecting three tools windows and one project window."

When I go to 'Separated Mode' I wind up with three Document windows all separate and a great many Studios/Palettes floating about. The Toolbar and Tools are floating about as well and they are all in the front of the Document windows. I can Merge the Document windows into one window using the Window menu. Crashed when I manually merged the windows into tabs. (holding the top of the document window [title bar] drag it over another document window's title bar.) Dragging a document window out of a Merged Window by its tab caused no problem.
I guess there is a flaw there. Going to restart and see what else doesn't quite work.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.