You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo RAW assistance

Hi, after trying out several other raw editing programs i've noticed that my imported images in affinity look much more blend. other programs add automatic color profiles (I assume) based on the camera and lens? Nevertheless, here are my following questions:

In the development assistant 

• RAW Engine (whats the difference from Sherif vs apple)
  • lens and noise correction - does affinity do that automatically or do I have to program (preset) something prior?
  • tone curve - does it create the S curve automatically when i enable it? because it doesn't show it

Develop persona

is it true once i developed an imported raw image that I can't go back and adjust/correct certain things i've previously enhanced?

General 

If i save settings in my develop persona such as noise reduction, curve adjustment etc - can affinity automatically load them all without me going into each tab to select my profile?

3 minutes ago, dronecrasher said:

is it true once i developed an imported raw image that I can't go back and adjust/correct certain things i've previously enhanced?

After developing your RAW file and saving the file, your original RAW file is exactly as before. You can open it again and start from scratch with some other development work. You cannot save the RAW file as RAW

If you save as .afphoto (or any  bitmap format), then you will have the developed file, but not the oiginal RAW (which will still be unchanged on your disk).

Jihn

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

but if i made some adjustments in the develop persona, f.e. adjust the exposure, sharpness etc and hit develop and then want to go back to only adjust the exposure to as it was I won't be able to right? I can adjust the exposure afterwards but it won't show me how i set it before i hit develop

2 minutes ago, dronecrasher said:

but if i made some adjustments in the develop persona, f.e. adjust the exposure, sharpness etc and hit develop and then want to go back to only adjust the exposure to as it was I won't be able to right? I can adjust the exposure afterwards but it won't show me how i set it before i hit develop

That is correct. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630