You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cómo volver a la versión anterior. (1.6.9 a 1.6.8)

From the version number, you must be referring to Affinity Photo rather than Affinity Designer. What new and ‘dangerous’ bugs have you encountered in the current version of APh?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

From the version number, you must be referring to Affinity Photo rather than Affinity Designer. What new and ‘dangerous’ bugs have you encountered in the current version of APh?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• Staff

Hi omar salvador lahoz :)

There's no way to officially roll back apps from the App Store, there are a few workarounds provided online but your mileage may vary as it's not something we support.

Please could you either explain the issues you're having or alternatively post in the iPad Bugs section of the forums with as much information as possible, so we can look into this?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi, apologies in advance, my language is not English so I use google translate. I’m using AP 1.6.9 on iPad Pro 10.5”

Dangerous behaviors for me:

1)With the gradient tool selected, if we touch the canvas, the current layer is deselected and the lower one is selected, whether it is visible or not (why?). If we do not realize, the tools that we use will affect the layer or group selected involuntarily (and not visible)

2) If in this situation (group selected involuntarily and not visible) I select the Color Selector tool and I make a touch on the canvas, ALL the layers within the group are FILLED with the selected color (and I have not used the paint bucket tool!). At this moment I have lost the work that was in that group. I know, I can use the undo action if I realize, but sometimes I realize when too much time has passed :51_scream:.

3) New brush gesture: If we keep a finger pressed until the blue circle appears, each new touch of the brush will create a straight line that joins the end of the last stroke with the new touch point. 

The first problem is that these lines are DISPROPORTIONATELY thick. Not normal.

The second problem is that the same thing happens with the ERASER tool (not documented).

The third problem: I consider this gesture very "dangerous" since any finger touch or wrist on the screen can generate unintentional errors (and I assure you that they happen!). Because of this gesture I have found many lines here and there that erase or paint my work :3_grin:.

Perhaps a new configuration option would help.

4) There is no way to fully protect the layers (why?). The padlock only prevents moving or resizing :35_thinking:

5) And of course, the option “TOUCH ONLY FOR GESTURES” does not work.

I hope you understand what I have written and I wait with crossed fingers for a solution. Thanks in advance! 

• Staff

Thanks for that, not to worry :)

On 10/5/2018 at 10:35 PM, omar salvador lahoz said:

With the gradient tool selected, if we touch the canvas, the current layer is deselected and the lower one is selected

I can't replicate this, could you possibly provide a screen recording showing this? See this link for how to do this on an iPad.

I select the Color Selector tool and I make a touch on the canvas, ALL the layers within the group are FILLED with the selected color

This is the intended result of using the colour picker tool with any object selected, as can be seen in the Context toolbar 'Auto-apply' is set to on. Toggling this option will stop this from happening.

If we keep a finger pressed until the blue circle appears, each new touch of the brush will create a straight line that joins the end of the last stroke with the new touch point. 

This is a touch modifier, holding down one finger and tapping elsewhere will draw a straight line from the last point touched, to the most recent point. This behaviour carries across all brushes, including the Eraser Brush tool.

I can't however replicate the 'DISPROPORTIONATELY thick' part of this query, could you provide a screen recording of this also?

Perhaps a new configuration option would help.

Our developers are looking into adding a Gesture Studio, which would allow modification of current gestures or potentially adding new ones, however this hasn't been confirmed and we have no eta for such a feature.

The padlock only prevents moving or resizing 

As can be seen in the help file:

Locking

Locking is useful when you need to prevent a layer from being moved or transformed unintentionally. Editing of layer content is still possible.

This was a decision made by our developers, we may update and improve our locking functionality in a future version, for the meantime I'd recommend posting in our Feature Requests section of the forum if this is something you'd like to see.

the option “TOUCH ONLY FOR GESTURES” does not work.

This has already been reported (See post below) and has been passed to development to be fixed.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!