You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Syncing files between iPad and Desktop by local wifi (no cloud)

Putting a file in the cloud to transfer it from one machine to another does not make sense.

Once both softwares are on, a single button can be used to send the file one way, then in the other.

This is something that already exists. For example : PreSonus Studio One. The iPad version can send audio sessions to the Desktop version (Https://www.presonus.com/produits/Capture-for-iPad)

It's iOS that should be able to natively manage file transfers. But I think we should not rely on Apple on this subject.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, TonyO said:

Wait.... what? Isn't this this sole reason that Dropbox exists?

Dropbox aims to make files available on remote servers. Transferring hundreds of MB of an iPad to a desktop computer must be done without going through a server on the other side of the world. Why connect to the Internet to retrieve a file that is 1 meter away?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThirtyFiveThousand said:

AirDrop is standard on all apple products these days. It may not be available for older Macs or Hackintoshes, but AirDrop May be what you’re looking for if your current hardware supports it. 

Thanks. I know AirDrop but I'm not an Mac user. iPad (or iPhone) users are not necessarily Mac users. That's why I think an integrated software solution would be the most judicious.

• 1 month later...

Thank a lot for all your replies. But we are well on the forum of feature suggestions. I am not looking for a third party solution that requires a subscription and multiple manipulation. Transferring a file from iTunes is also possible without installing anything (the method I use).
I'm just suggesting a feature that would allow you to start working on iPad and finish them on PC / Mac (and vice versa) in a simple and efficient way without wasting time. For professional use we do not want to waste time on this kind of detail.