Jemez

Preset Text Wrap Distances

I am unable to find a way to set my text wrap distance preferences so that I don't have to adjust them every time from the very low or zero settings that appear when I use this function.

Actually it is bug. Currently you can update the default wrap border by setting it on a shape and then using Edit > Defaults > Synchronise From Selection (or the equivalent toolbar button). It should also update automatically when you edit the wrap settings. I'll log it to be fixed.

MEB & Dave - thanks for posting! Took me a while to discover these responses. In the interim, I'm working on a book with many photos, so having an easy way to adjust the default settings to my preference would save me gobs of time!! I will try the approach using a shape.

Gotta say adjustable default wrap distance (or at least sticky) will be great. In my old Indy it is always zero and have to be adjusted for each instance separately.

Agreed. I'm working on a document with lots of images. It would be very nice for the text wrap to default to the setting I just used, rather than having to adjust it each time. Not just the distance, but the type of wrap, too. (In my case, tight, large side.) Thanks!

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, Dave Harris said:

Actually it is bug. Currently you can update the default wrap border by setting it on a shape and then using Edit > Defaults > Synchronise From Selection (or the equivalent toolbar button). It should also update automatically when you edit the wrap settings. I'll log it to be fixed.

This approach is a bit cumbersome, but it seems to work. Tho I've never been clear the specific moment to activate "synchronise from selection." I put in my distances, then hit "synchronise," then close the text wrap box. I think that is right...

On 11/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, Jemez said:

This approach is a bit cumbersome, but it seems to work. Tho I've never been clear the specific moment to activate "synchronise from selection." I put in my distances, then hit "synchronise," then close the text wrap box. I think that is right...

This bug has been fixed now, and changed wrap settings should affect any object created after the change (in the same document). Synchronise from selection should pick up the defaults of whatever object is selected, as they are when you hit the button.