haski

Colour Picker memory leak?

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this here in case anyone else has experienced this. In Affinity Designer (v1.6.5.123 windows 10), my colour picker (when dragging from the tool above the colour palette area) starts to slow down the longer a document remains open. The dedicated colour picker tool from the left-hand toolbar remains unaffected, only the drag and drop style one experiences the lag. It's smooth and responsive when exiting and reopening Designer.

Designer is currently sitting at 700mb memory usage and my machine has 16GB. None of my other resources are capping out when I perform the action (i5 6600, 16GB RAM, GTX 970). I haven't necessarily timed how long it takes for the lag to start occurring but it's probably around the hour mark. If I open a new document the lag is still there until a restart Designer.

It's not the end of the world, just something that the devs might want to try reproducing!

Hi @haski,

We tried to replicate it on 3 different PCs with different specs, different artworks and different "set" times, and all of them were fine. On my PC I left it open for 5 hours and it did not go slow. 

I believe it's more to do with the actions you do while it's still open rather than the time elapsed since being opened. 

If you can find a "recipe" to make it slow, please let us know and we will try to replicate it here. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

No worries, I'll try to monitor exactly what I do. Generally I use the shape tools and the Boolean functions, so it may have something to do with them? I also copy/paste and duplicate objects a reasonable amount.

I can't think of anything else I've done during these sessions that are out of the ordinary. The rest of the application runs flawlessly!

Cheers,

Jordan.