You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.0.24229)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- New customisable grid - including custom axis and snapping support.
- Fix for vector export of blend ranges and Text support of blend ranges.
- New elliptical / rotating cursor previews for pixel tools.
- Fix for dropping SVG/PDF onto the view not creating vector items.
- Path Text - improvements to operation of 'reverse' function.
- PDF import of blend modes on text.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.

• Staff

Hey Matt, grids aren't showing for me, but ARE working. Getting snapping prompts and the lot. I can see them in Photo though and wow. Bugger me is it nice. Good work chaps.

Probably a really silly question - but have you definitely got the View -> Show Grid option enabled? Mine seems to be working? :)

hi there, first of all, the release version number doesn't seem to be the same as mentioned in this thread (see attached picture)

ok nevermind it works now ;)

second, I tried exporting to svg today and it merges down everything into one layer. I read that one of the previous versions could do that?

• Staff

Hi Ash Teriyaki :)

How big is your document? It looks like the defaults are for a 1 inch grid - maybe your document is sub-1inch so you appear to see nothing? It's the same code as Photo built by the same machine a few hours later, so if one is working, the other should too... so there's got to be something subtly weird going on! I'm sure we'll find it! :D

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Hi Paolo!

Glad you like them! I'll make sure that Ben hears about it - he has been tying away on them for a while now and it's a labor of love at the moment! Your request sounds completely sensible - I'm sure Ben can add it no problems :)

Thanks again! :)

Matt

Wow, Grids are amazing! Very cool Ben! Only thing, we need to be able to set custom colors; right now they're very hard to see against the white page... But man, the functionality is amazing, so many cool options... Might also be nice to be able to Load and Save grid presets, for when many docs share the same structure...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Great temp solution @ggsm!

@ronnyb you're right about the grid color.

I'm helping me out by using a separate (locked) layer with a rectangle filling the complete page to have a darker background color.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I'm enjoying the grids enormously as I've been wanting to do some isometric stuff for ages but its a real pain doing without a grid to help stuff line up nicely. Thanks!

I'd also like to request a grid line colour setting. I've also been using a separate locked layer with a darkly coloured rectangle, but when other objects/layers also have a light colour the lines can disappear easily too, so I'd love to set the lines to very stand out colours if possible.

I don't know how the grid lines are implemented, but an even better option would be for the lines to be blended negatively over everything (i.e. per-pixel) so the line would always stand out, no matter what they're currently over... <hint><hint> ;)

Hi Narlei Moreira,

you are right ... the Text Height (Font Size) input field is not responsive for mouse scroll events ... it’s a numeric input / menu combo, and in my opinion it *should* be responsive for scroll events as well. So we should make this a feature request ... But the other numeric input fields *are* responsive for scroll events, at least on my machine. Place the mouse pointer on the field and scroll ... nothing? Then you got a bug, I think.  :unsure:

Cheers,

Alex  :)

after using this Beta release then using AD 1.2 Failed to open.....

sucks I have to go back to a previous saved version of the file, and make all the changes again.

“It takes a very long time to become young.” ― Pablo Picasso

“Apologizing does not always mean you're wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.” ― Mark Matthews

• Staff

Hi not-in-use,

Going back and forward between the Beta and the Mac App Store version can lead to those kind of problems since the Mac App Store version doesn't have all the features we implement in the beta during the development. Only when the new features/tools are ready, tested and stable they are added back to the Mac App Store version. I advise you to stick with just one of them - the Beta or the Mac App Store version.

• Staff

There seems to be a bug. you can select locked layers, this happens also if you hit ⌘A to select all on one layer. It simply selects everything in the scene.

If you mean selecting them through the Layers panel, that's by design. This is to allow you to edit an object without having to unlock layers if you explicitly select it from the Layers panel. On canvas you can't select/edit it if it's locked.

We may have to take a look to the ⌘ (cmd) + A shortcut for locked layers...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.