You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.0.24229)

I'm not having too much luck with stability and this version  :(

After using it a bit today, I've also experienced crashes when saving over an existing file (not exporting, but saving afdesign files with the "Save as" menu option - normal "Save" has been fine). It doesn't happen all the time unlike the "export over" crash which I still get but it happened quite a few times.

The crash report always seems to be around an issue with "/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriver", if that helps.

I also had some random like crashes. Once it crashed on a very simple scene when I clicked in some empty space to deselect an object. :blink:

I'll post more info if I can figure out how to reproduce any of the above.

• Staff

Hi Gary,

That's not sounding very good - thanks for looking into this for us! :) Can I ask if it magically gets better if you restart your machine? (It sounds video-driver related and these things often act differently after a restart!)

Thanks,

Matt

If it happens again, I'll try a restart and let you know. I haven't had any crashes on new files today.

My old "crash on export overwrite" issue always mentions the GeForceGLDriver, too but rebooting doesn't help as it crashes every time I try it

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.