Is there a way to resize an already cropped image in a Picture frame?

In Indesign it is just holding ⌘-shift.

In Publisher you'd expect just holding ⌘ would do it.

Are you wanting to:

1. Move the image within the existing frame; or
  2. Change the size of the frame; or
  3. Something else?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

@Walt: I want to:

3. Change the size of the frame INCLUDING the contents, so the content must scale as well, together with the frame

In INdesign: hold ⌘-shift (CTRL-shift on Win)

Preferably by just holding ⌘ as a modifier (or ctrl on Win)

I've been hoping for the same thing, can't find it though - currently the only way (I believe) is to group the picture frame, then it will all scale up OK - but a simple modifier key would be much better.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS 10.14.3 Mojave
Affinity Designer Beta: 1.7.0.11,  Affinity Photo: 1.7.122,   Affinity Publisher Beta: 1.7.0.312

1 hour ago, aartjan.nl said:

3. Change the size of the frame INCLUDING the contents, so the content must scale as well, together with the frame

With the frame/picture selected you should see a button on the context menu to show the picture frame properties. There are several choices there for how the image will display within the picture frame, including (I think) two related to scaling. If one of those is selected, then all you should need to do is drag the frame to the size you want and the content will scale with it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Okay it works! when you first Group. So all the steps:

1. Crop a picture
  2. Double click and drag the image within the frame
  3. Now resize the whole frame: not possible, so:
  4. Group the image, then resize, holding Shift

Grouping the image Frame with the Image works, but it still is unnecessary complicated and seems like a workaround.
(If i want to move the "inner" picture now, i have to DOUBLE-DOUBLE-click to get there. And the "replace image" button is not shown anymore etc. )

Being able to just use the Shift or Ctrl-Key to switch behaviours would be much easier. I still hope the image placing/replacing/scaling/cropping will be improved. 

Great, thanks for that!

I had to stop the clock and finally come here to find out what to do, I was going mad because the only way I could figure out was 'control-drag' the handles and hope the now wildly-spinning picture would end up the right way up after scaling. Grouping almost makes sense, a different way of thinking and doing.

But all the automatic picture scaling options under the Properties button feel time-consuming... making it technically slick with so many options seems to have taken away ease of use and the fact that I want to do it, not be taken over. Do I need all those auto-scaling attributes? For me, not really.