You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From facing pages to single ones...

Hi there!

Recently I had to pump up a brochure by so many pages that I had to change binding from clamps to hot melt. In order to produce that correctly the print shop required a PDF with single pages instead of facing ones. Although the brochure was layouted in a different program I've just tried to tackle this challenge in APub as well. Maybe I don't know how to do that properly with an existing document, but: When I change the facing pages to single ones in the document setup dialogue the result is not satisfying. I would have expected the inner margins to be converted to right margings on left (single) pages and to left margins on right (single) pages. Instead the inner margins were converted to left margins on all pages.

Shortcoming or feature?

Best, Volker

• Staff

Hi VolkerMB,
Thanks for reporting this. Currently single pages can only have a single/fixed value for each margin side (left/right) so converting/switching a facing pages document with different inner and outer margins to single pages doesn't apply the correct values taking in consideration the side of each page on the original document. Inner margins are converted to left margins and outer margins to right margins. I'm passing this to the dev team to be looked at. Thanks for your feedback.

• Staff

Hi VolkerMB,

We would recommend you do this at export time - no need to change your document layout. In the Export Dialog choose 'All Pages' rather than 'All Spreads'.

I agree we should do a better job of preserving margins if you do change from Facing to Single though.

Hi MEB + AdamW,

thanks for getting back on my post. You are right: It is not the most pressing issue - and there are several ways to go around it. I guess we shall call it an inconveniance rather than a bug... So please keep on your excellent work!

Best, Volker

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.