You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a feature that might need improving, or me missing how this works.

I usually check my documents to make sure no stray fonts managed to get in, perhaps as an invisible character. I'm not clear as to what should happen when I select a font that I don't want and then click 'Locate'. It seems to take me to the page, but I was expecting the text with the font in question to become highlighted. I said, it seems to take me…, but as I click on other fonts in the list, the pages don't always change. Since the text does not seem to be getting highlighted, I'm not sure if this feature is working correctly.

I just did a little experimenting. I changed some text to a different font not used in the document. Locate found the usage and highlighted it, however, I had Text Rulers on and the highlighted text was under the ruler so it was obscured. Other fonts in the Font Manager list that are stray do not get located. While experimenting, another font appeared in the list. Selecting that one and clicking the locate button also did not show anything. Where would these odd fonts be?

On second thought, perhaps there is a bug in here somewhere.

Separate Locate Next and Locate Previous might be handy. I notice that Undo and Redo can go backward and forward, but if you make another edit, Undo would be problematic. I don't know if a Locate All feature could work in some way. Then a 'Change All Instances',  or 'Change Selected' would be a time saver for a very long document. Would a locate only in current text box and linked text boxes option be useful? How about, 'Exclude Placed Graphics', since AD files could be searched too and one would not want to change the font in a logo or other important graphic.