You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer file import bugs

Importing Designer (Last MAS version) to Publisher (1.7.0140) is not smooth as it should be.

I have run into those bugs:

1. margins are not imported
  2. guides are not imported
  3. some text frames looks different (see screenshots attached)

Note: Sorry I have to delete rest of design, but I could not share more client's details.

publisher import designer with bugs.png

original file margins and guides.jpg

publisher imports designer with bugs.afdesign

HI lexislav

The guides do seem to be imported but the margin does not so I shall get that passed over tot he development team. 

In terms of the text, I think this was actually originally handled incorrectly in Designer and is not being displayed correctly in Publisher. The text has a character leading override applied which is not honoured when going to superscript in the current Designer release. Superscript has changed in Publisher. the typography superscript is not only available if the font itself supports is. There is also a another superscript drop down which behaves more like it did in Designer. What the superscript also does do now in Publisher is it honours the leading override as it's supposed to. So basically this was designed around a bug in 1.6 which is now fixed in 1.7

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

thanks for the explanation about text issues. Would 1.7 eventually convert/correct such bugs?

Guides are not imported for me. So You are lucky to get them. My guides manager show no guides for the document. Hopefully be fixed too.

Chhers

5 minutes ago, lexislav said:

My guides manager show no guides for the document.

Try this one neat trick... Open the Guides manager and tick the % check box and un check it again if you want. That seems to work for me on some documents where the guides don't show. It may work with imported or it may not. Most likely a bug I haven't been able to fully consistently reproduce.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

12 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Try this one neat trick... Open the Guides manager and tick the % check box and un check it again if you want. That seems to work for me on some documents where the guides don't show. It may work with imported or it may not. Most likely a bug I haven't been able to fully consistently reproduce.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me (at least in this case). But will keep it in mind…

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.