You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For some reason, the software doesn't seem to export the High-pass layer I added (at least for the squirrel) and there's still some noise in the photo (I reduced the noise with a mask). In Photo the photo looks good (less noise) but not in the jpeg version. Any idea why?

Desktop.jpg

Écureuil.jpg

• Staff

Hi MartinL :)

Could you confirm the export settings you're using?

If possible, could upload the .afphoto file to the following link, so I can investigate this myself?
https://www.dropbox.com/request/363LLpyTgfqIAVFUFkwd

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

You are not comparing like with like here. The top picture is a screenshot, and the bottom one, I guess, is the exported jpeg. If you display the Affinity image at 100% before taking a screenshot, then you can compare it with the exported jpg at 100%. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

55 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

You are not comparing like with like here. The top picture is a screenshot, and the bottom one, I guess, is the exported jpeg. If you display the Affinity image at 100% before taking a screenshot, then you can compare it with the exported jpg at 100%. 

John

Thx you made me realize that. I think this is the best I can do about this photo. I did two seperate noise reduction here. One more extreme for the background and one less extreme for the squirrel only. So yeah no problems here but let me know what you think. Click on the photo for a better view.

Écureuil.jpg

7 minutes ago, toltec said:

Looks good to me but I would inpaint the aerial growing out of the squirrels head.

Yes, I would agree with that!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630