You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy-pasting from Publisher gets messed up

Hi!

I wanted to copy some lines from Publisher to Designer to make some explanatory graphics a separate file, but copy-pasting is not working: the lines won't keep their orientation/location, everything is messed up – I exported a PDF and reopened it, but this is cumbersome, and unnecessary.

I would expect to be able to copy and paste between the suite applications, how to achieve this? I hope this is going to be sorted in the future.

Thanks!

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

• Staff

Hey furtonb,

This could possibly be because Publisher is ahead of Designer in terms of the version number and there could be some features within the text that isn't yet supported by Designer. I did a quick test of Paste Special and it seemed OK apart from the text pasting in very small. 

I imagine we will have this sorted by the time Publisher is released seeing as pasting back and forth between Designer and Photo works. Thanks for pointing this out :) 

Thanks, that would be awesome!

In the meantime there are alternatives – such as saving a PDF and exploding it after importing, but that's not what I'm looking for in the long run.

Keep up the good work!

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.