You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

COMMET

zuperblue

I take it that the comet is leaving the trail in the top left. These images do not seem to be in the correct order, which is confusing.

I have no experience with astrophotography, but I am impressed by the star images.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 weeks later...

Hello superblue,

Nice work, I have seen a comet only once ,sometime in the 1970s,as a child ! AP does not have explicit tools to process astrophotography frames or extract frames from .AVI video files. However there are stacking and alignment tools which may be utilised. You can also use various layer blend modes for darkframe subtraction etc. AP's power peaks in the last post processing stage of the astrophotography workflow. I have used Registax and some other dedicated astro softwares some years back. It's in V6 now. If you do some experiments with the workflow that is used, it is possible that some of it can be offloaded to AP. 

I read somewhere that what we are looking at is very old, and its just the light we are seeing the actual stars are in a different place now, I think it said something like 10,000 year old sky.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 minute ago, firstdefence said:

I read somewhere that what we are looking at is very old, and its just the light we are seeing the actual stars are in a different place now, I think it said something like 10,000 year old sky.

What we are seeing is the light from the stars, so if a star is ten thousand light years away we’re seeing it as it looked when the light began its journey ten thousand years ago.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

What we are seeing is the light from the stars, so if a star is ten thousand light years away we’re seeing it as it looked when the light began its journey ten thousand years ago.

Yeah that sounds about right, so you are always seeing the past.

Oh! OP please take an M out of the title lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 3 months later...