You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text styles and saving in Publisher

I have created a text style successfully, but when I want to apply it to another block of text, it isn't there any more. It may be me, but I don't think so.

I was working with a file stored on my network, and when I tried to save it, I didn't realise that the laptop had dropped the network connection. Instead of handling the situation, Publisher merely put up an error message that it had lost contact with the file, and it would have to be closed - thereby losing all my changes.

I have previously saved a text box as an asset, using add from selection, but I can't get it to work any more. I click on add from selelction, and nothing happens.

• Staff

Hi @Chrisw5,

Welcome to the forums. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, Chrisw5 said:

I have created a text style successfully, but when I want to apply it to another block of text, it isn't there any more. It may be me, but I don't think so.

I could not reproduce this in the latest build. Once you create a style, it will show at the very end of the list. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, Chrisw5 said:

I have previously saved a text box as an asset, using add from selection, but I can't get it to work any more. I click on add from selelction, and nothing happens.

Again, I could not replicate this in the latest build. I suggest you update and see how it goes. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thanks for the response, I am already running the latest version. However, I've worked out what's going on with the creation of assets. The text box I'm using is something that repeats quite often in the document, but it's quite small (full page wide and thin, with 10 point grey text). The result of that is that it is being created as an asset, but it's totally invisible in the assets panel, unless I click where I think it ought to be, when a blue square appears. When I drag the blue square into the document it transforms into the correct text box. So, it works, but not as I expected ! Not sure whether that's a bug, but it would be useful if you could fix it, so that it's visible.

Text Styles working again OK. Strange.

• Staff
On 10/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Chrisw5 said:

The text box I'm using is something that repeats quite often in the document, but it's quite small

This would happen if you don't have any text in the TextBox. It's completely expected as the assets panel would display a preview of the assets' content. Being just an empty text frame, it does not show anything. I will move this to feature requests. 

moved from bugs.