You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to convert photo to one color and transparency

Is there a way to take a portrait or picture of a animal and convert it to one color with everything else transparent? It is kind of hard to explain so I have attached 3 photo's of what I'm talking about. I have both Designer and Photo on a Mac. 

Thanks 

bird.png

Jimmy Buffett.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.41.50 PM.png

Hi, 

I'm not sure? But the steps where very easy:

1) Bring in your photo, go to Adjustments and click on the Threshold filter,  pull the slider in the settings to suit or use one of the presets, this turns the image black and white, i then right click on the  threshold adjustment  in the layers and 'Merge down'.

2) Go to Filters on the Toolbar and then: Colours>Erase White Paper, this removes the white background.

3) Back to Adjustments and find the Gradient map filter, in the settings that pop up,  i just clicked on the far left node, click on 'Colour' in the settings which brings up a colour Wheel and choose your colour and shade you want.